How to Transport Your Household Hazardous Waste
- Don’t mix products.
- Keep products in original containers.
- Label products not in original containers.
- Secure products so they won’t tip over and/or leak.
- Transport items in your trunk, truck bed or trailer.
- Store products away from the passenger compartment of your vehicle and keep them separate from items you wish to keep.
- It’s a good idea to place containers in a box lined with plastic or kitty litter as protection against spills.
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle.
Our mission is to inspire stewardship of our natural resources by creating educational opportunities and lasting community infrastructure in Leadville and Lake County, Colorado.