Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy Program
What does this program do?
The CARE Program helps income-qualified families and individuals in Lake County improve the energy efficiency of their homes in order to save energy, reduce utility bills, and improve comfort and safety. Qualifying applicants will receive a home energy assessment that will identify energy saving measures. Cloud City Conservation will then install free upgrades such as efficient lighting, Energy-Star refrigerator, attic insulation, storm windows, and more depending on the conditions of the home.
Who can participate?
Those households that have already been qualified for LEAP are automatically qualified to participate. Others can easily get started online at www.energysmartcolorado.com/incomequalified/ or by contacting us directly. The income guidelines are listed below:
1 Person – $37,760
2 Persons – $43,120
3 Persons – $48,481
4 Persons – $53,840
5 Persons – $58,160
6 Persons – $62,480
7 Persons – $66,800
8 Persons – $71,120
Applications will be submitted to Energy Outreach Colorado, the organization that is responsible for the approval and verification process. Using the income and household information provided, we will work with Energy Outreach Colorado to determine the home weatherization services that are available.
The following documents will all serve the income verification requirement:
- Proof of your most recent income, which may take the form of a paystub, a disability benefits explanation, unemployment verification, etc.,
- Your most recent tax return-IRS form. Please note, you may remove or delete your social security number from this form.
- A social security award letter
- A form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Again, you may remove or delete your social security number from this form.
- A letter from your employer
If you have any questions about the application process or about this program, please do not hesitate to contact us.