For Lake County homes in 2015: a home energy improvement rebate of 50% of project cost up to $400.
1. Sign up for a home energy audit.
2. Work with your auditor to identify qualifying projects.
3. Hire a qualified contractor to complete the work.
4. Submit copies of invoices and receipts from your contractor to the Conservation Center and fill out a brief form.
5. Receive your rebate check in 4-6 weeks.
The projects listed here qualify for C4’s home energy improvement rebate. Funding is limited and administered on a first-come, first-serve basis. All projects require prior approval through our energy program. Efficiency projects that do not fall under these guidelines must be approved by the Cloud City Conservation Center. A home energy audit is required before implementation and a quality inspection may be required before release of the funds.
The projects listed here qualify for C4’s home energy improvement rebate. Additional rebates may be available from XCEL Energy.
Boiler or Furnace Replacement
- Must be 92% AFUE efficient or better
- Water Heating: High-efficiency (.67 EF gas, .92 EF electric)
- Tankless water heater (.82 EF minimum)
- Solar thermal systems
- Add insulation to attic/roof total insulation values = R-49 minimum
- Insulate walls total wall R-19 minimum
- Convert cold, vented crawlspace to a conditioned crawlspace with vapor barrier, air-sealing, rim joist and foundation wall insulation. R-19 minimum for walls
- Insulate basement walls R-19 minimum for walls
- Replace low efficiency windows with U-.32 minimum efficiency windows
- Must be whole-house replacement
- Comprehensive air sealing project. 25% air leakage reduction
- Blower door test-out required
- For grid-tied Solar Photo-Voltaic projects, NABCEP certification required.